Friday, September 11, 2009

Green baby furniture

The first place I started when planning our green nursery? Furniture. I was initially stunned by the prices of eco-cribs although I love the way some of them look. For example, I adore the Sparrow crib from Oeuf.

It's modern, sleek, and totally eco-friendly. It's also $690. The adorable matching dresser will set you back $740. Too rich for our blood.


So I was really excited to find this moderately priced, green, modern option from Baby Miro ($379).



According to Dax, the crib is "made from pine harvested from sustainably managed forests in New Zealand" and "finished only with certified non-toxic finishes and paints." Love it. I also like the matching dresser ($439).



Both items can be purchased on the website Baby Earth. While the site has some of the standard baby fare like strollers and pack'n'plays, it also has a great selection of eco-friendly furniture, bedding, clothing, and toys. There are not a lot of brick and mortar baby stores in northern Vermont so we've decided we will set up our registry online.