Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ceiling fans and light fixtures

So we got a little purchase happy last weekend. We found great fan and light fixtures options at, of all places, Lowe's. I wasn't expecting to make any great discoveries there (we were checking to see if they had FSC certified slab doors, which they do!) but ended up walking away with some great buys.

We love the industrial look of this Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan and the price is right at $74. We picked up two, one for the great room and one for the master bedroom.

This barn light fixture will hang above our dining room table. I couldn't find a photo on the Lowe's website but it looks essentially like this (this one is from Westside Wholesale). It was really affordable at $30.


I haven't actually bought these wall barn lights yet but I plan to next weekend when I go back to pick up the ceiling fans that I ordered. The price is right on these too at about $19 a pop. I don't know how many we'll get but I think they would be great for the bathrooms and maybe as reading lights for above our bed. Again, Lowe's.com didn't have a great photo but they look exactly like this.